3G services may continue to be poor

Xen

EntMnt Ambassador
Official Info
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has initiated a process to formulate quality-of-service norms for mobile broadband. The regulator has suggested that a 3G subscriber should be able to get at least 90% of the data download speed of the plan he or she has subscribed to.

However, telecom operators have opposed the move. They have written to the regulator, asking it not to formulate such norms. “The data download speed depends on a number of factors including the number of subscribers in an area at a given point of time,” said Rajan S Mathews, director-general of the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI).

“The subscribed speed is a theoretical maximum speed … and should not be used for measuring quality of services parameters.”

BK Syngal, former chairman and managing director of the erstwhile Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd, said subscribers in all the cities were facing this problem due to poor infrastructure for 3G services.

Source

Xen

EntMnt Ambassador
Official Info
Its an Unproven Theory but Govt and People follow it effecting the Services. :bang:

shinystar

As we all are aware the types of internet connection by now, and if we remember facebook giving wi-fi services at all railway stations and schools. the project has yet not begun. But if I want to put the fact file here than I would introduce Sterlite Technologies with its 4G are focusing on Digital India. I agree, the infrastructure industry was going to lay the data cables. Where copper cabling doesn’t do the job anymore,optical fiber cables are all set to revolutionize the outlook towards technology. Fiber optic technology allows to transmit data over longer distances at high speeds.

Last edited by a moderator: