The India-China conflict in Ladakh has shown no signs of a resolution yet. After the clash between soldiers from the two camps at Galwan Valley, it appears that the world is realising that the current skirmish at the Line of Actual Control is far more serious than what was previously assumed. Under such circumstances, the government has regularly been issuing statements assuring citizens that Indian territorial sovereignty will not be compromised.
On Sunday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his monthly address – Mann Ki Baat – again paid tributes to the fallen warriors of Galwan Valley. He said that their valour will always be remembered. “Families who lost their sons, still want to send their other children to defence forces… their spirit and sacrifice is venerable,” he added.
Prim Minister Modi also took veiled potshots at China over its conduct at the LAC. He said that “a befitting reply has been given to those coveting our territories”. He also said that the world has taken note of India’s commitment towards protecting its borders and sovereignty.
PM Modi and HM Shah speak out against China on same day