• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Android Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First

Mr.Bhat

EntMnt Contributor
Amazon says this integration has been enabled across all bill payment categories which Amazon Pay supports.

In a first of its kind implementation anywhere in the world, Amazon India has announced that users can now simply call out to their Amazon Alexa smart speaker to make an instant payment of a utility bill from their Amazon Pay mobile wallet. You can now simply say “Alexa, pay my mobile bill” or “Alexa, pay my electricity bill” to an Alexa smart assistant enabled device to make the payment. The list of compatible devices includes all Amazon Echo smart speakers, Echo Smart displays, the Fire TV Stick and all third-party devices that have Alexa integration. India is the first country where Amazon has rolled out this integration between Alexa and Amazon Pay.

Amazon says this integration has been enabled across all bill payment categories which Amazon Pay supports, including electricity, water, postpaid mobile, cooking gas, broadband and direct to home (DTH) services. “This new integration of Amazon Pay with Alexa will help reduce both time and effort for customers who use Amazon Pay for bill payments and repeat similar transactions every month,” says Puneesh Kumar, Country Manager for Alexa Experiences and Devices, Amazon India. Surely this gives Amazon Pay another arsenal in the digital wallet battles against the likes of Paytm, PhonePe, Google Pay and the upcoming WhatsApp Pay.

Alexa, Pay my Mobile Bill: India Gets Amazon Pay And Alexa Payments Feature First

D_Major

Administrator
EntMnt Staff
Amazon is silent towards Amazon Pay.