HELP Help me to choose my first DTH

Miz

Hello Everyone, :)

I'm planning to buy a DTH for my 32" Full HD TV.

My main requirements is all (SD + HD) and infotainment channels (HD).

After 20+ threads here and checking of DTH providers. Here is my current shortlist.

1. DishTV: SD BASE Pack ALL SPORTS + ALL SPORTS FULL-ON HD = Rs. 545 /pm . This fits nicely with my requirements. But main problem is they change / remove channel frequently (According to dthF users). It's a big issue for me*.

2. Videocon D2H: New Diamond Pack + HD Addon = Rs. 535 /pm or Platinum HD Pack = Rs. 590 /pm. I like the clear and straight package system of VD2H. They offer less HD channels than dish tv. Also hardware and software is not very good (According to reviews here).

3. TataSky: Mega HD Pack = Rs. 7,500 /pA . Ten sports and Ten action is missing in all base packs (Correct me if I'm wrong). Also only 3 HD infotainment available (Less than above DishTV and VD2H).

4. Airtel DTV: Economy Sports Plus + All sports HD + Infotainment HD = Rs. 507 /pm. It's bit difficult to compare ADTV packages. Less infotainment channels than others.

I'm confused which one to choose. I don't have any problem with monthly charge but it's still good to get good value with money. Please suggest me which one will be good also if any other good combination available. :)

*Important Note: I'm from Bangladesh. Local cable service providers doesn't offer HD channels at all. Also maximum 4 sports and 2 infotainment channels. Indian DTH are popular here. I can't use "A la carte" feature here. So please suggest only packs. :)

Thanks. :

Last edited:

Miz

I think you should make a choice between d2h and Airtel.

Thanks for your . :)

Deepu bro. Thanks. I have noticed it after posting the thread. But unable to the');">find the changing page. :( When I click on "personal details" it the message "You do not have to this page or perform this action.". Please help me to change it. :(

IndianMascot

Core Member
Deepu bro. Thanks. I have noticed it after posting the thread. But unable to the');">find the changing page. :( When I click on "personal details" it the message "You do not have to this page or perform this action.". Please help me to change it. :(

Done. You may put handset details there once you have completed 30 posts.

Reactions: Miz

scorpionking76

Administrator
EntMnt Staff
Welcome to Entertainment Forum bro, and I suggest you buy Adtv.

But one doubt I have is whether will you be able to buy a service provider based out of India and will you get a decent after sales service as well.

Prateek Marwadi

EntMnt Rockers
Finest Member
ADTV pq n aq is much better than d2h as i have used d2h n have been using adtv since last 5.5 years. no pixellation even in news channels also.

IndianMascot

Core Member
ADTV pq n aq is much better than d2h as i have used d2h n have been using adtv since last 5.5 years. no pixellation even in news channels also.

Here scenario is different bro. He has to think about after sales service too. As far as i know only Dish TV and d2h are liberal and services can be taken from them silently.

Regarding AQ/PQ he himself has to do the setup. If setup is done properly he will get good quality.

Prateek Marwadi

EntMnt Rockers
Finest Member
but bhai ji. after sale services ll b done from his local bangladeshi sales man.
dish tv pq is worst, i have used it for 20 minutes.
d2h - average in pq n aq is worst.
adtv - pq is very good but aq is awesome.