Recently, Xiaomi revealed the roll-out schedule of MIUI 10, the next version of MIUI. MIUI 10 comes in two variants: MIUI 10 China and MIUI 10 Global. The Global ROM is intended for a global audience and comes with Google Play services integration, and Xiaomi phones that are sold internationally ship with MIUI Global. We have seen MIUI 10 China be announced at the Xiaomi Mi 8 event in May, and MIUI 10 Global be announced at the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 event in India.
The company has already started rolling out MIUI 10 China Alpha/Beta ROMs for many devices. MIUI 10 China Alpha is now available for 11 Xiaomi devices. Up until now, MIUI 10 Global Beta was available for select devices such as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, and the Xiaomi Mi 6. Now, MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.5 ROM is available for eight Xiaomi devices, which are noted as follows:
- Xiaomi Mi 6
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Xiaomi Redmi S2 (known as Redmi Y2 in India)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro/Redmi Note 5 (whyred)
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Xiaomi Mi Note 2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix
- Backup your data before upgrading to MIUI 10.
- Users running MIUI 7 / MIUI 8 / MIUI 9 stable ROM will need to upgrade to MIUI 10 via fastboot method (which requires an unlocked bootloader).
- Users running MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM can head to the Updater app and check for updates.
- The Global Beta ROMs can be flashed via fastboot or recovery. Installation instructions via recovery
MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.5 released for eight Xiaomi devices