Article NAGRA powers Hinduja's NXT Digital HITS platform in India

Anish Pai

EntMnt Contributor
Finest Member
MUMBAI: Switzerland based Kudelski Group’s digital TV division NAGRA has powered the Hinduja Group's new headend-in-the-sky (HITS) platform - NXT Digital in India.
NAGRA’s anyCAST, OpenTV solutions and user interface are enabling NXT Digital. This makes it NAGRA’s first HITS platform in India, which is one of the fastest growing markets in pay-TV today, as the country continues the government-mandated digitisation process. According to a recent report by Media Partners Asia, the Indian pay-TV market is expected to grow by 11 per cent annually on average by 2018, with total pay-TV subscribers expected to grow from 65 million in 2013 to 165 million by 2018 and 180 million by 2023.
NAGRA’s anyCAST content protection and OpenTV middleware solutions are enabling the HITS platform, which will provide backend operations to local and multi-system cable operators in India. NXT Digital offers a variety of packages and services including 500-plus MPEG 4-encrypted services featuring SD and HD channels along with value-added services like PVR and educational content.

Indian Television Dot Com | NAGRA powers Hinduja's NXT Digital HITS platform in India

bhaskarkilli

Core Member
How cable service can competition with movie base service Netflix

scorpionking76

Administrator
EntMnt Staff
I thought the JV with NAGRA will bring in more PPV products , hence I concluded that it will be a competition for Netflix :unsure:

Deepu

EntMnt Legend
Finest Member
NXT Digital have chosen Nagra encryption

Anish Pai

EntMnt Contributor
Finest Member
Yeah, but interestingly they are not following their Digital Cable TV In Digitals Irdeto encryption

Anish Pai

EntMnt Contributor
Finest Member
But as far as I know. NDS is the best Encryption system. Isnt that right Technoglitch bro ???

And in coming months, hathway may start hits system along with den......