• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Breaking News Reliance Jio to charge for voice calls to other networks

Forced by regulatory uncertainty over review of sunset clause for call termination charges, billionaire Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio on Wednesday announced it will charge customers 6 paise per minute for voice calls made to rival phone networks, but will compensate them by giving free data of equal value. In a statement, Jio said the 6 paisa charge will remain in place till the time telecom operators are required to pay rivals for mobile phone calls made by their users to other operators' network.

These charges are not applicable on calls made by Jio users to other Jio phones and to landline phones and calls made using WhatsApp, FaceTime and other such platforms. Incoming calls from all networks will continue to be free.

Jio to charge users 6 paisa/min in view of TRAI's review of IUC regime - ET Telecom

D_Major

Administrator
EntMnt Staff
This will increase Jio's sale.

They are offering free data for each top up

Mr.Bhat

EntMnt Contributor
I think many rural and small city users dont use even the daily data limit...those really dont want the additional data...many r using for talktime itself..

Mr.Bhat

EntMnt Contributor
  • Jio will now charge 6 paise per minute for all outgoing calls to other networks.
  • The 6 paise per minute charge will be applicable while ringing the other person.
  • Jio has four IUC top-up plans on offer with extra data benefits.

New Jio IUC plans

Jio is offering four new IUC plans with extra data benefits. Here are all the plans listed with the benefits:

--Rs 10 plan will offer 124 minutes of IUC minutes to non-Jio numbers and 1GB data.

--Rs 20 plan will offer 249 minutes of IUC minutes to non-Jio numbers and 2GB data.

--Rs 50 plan will offer 656 minutes of IUC minutes to non-Jio numbers and 5GB data.

--Rs 100 plan will offer 1,362 minutes of IUC minutes to non-Jio numbers and 10GB data

D_Major

Administrator
EntMnt Staff
If they're offering data then why will anyone call? they will simply use VoIP app for call.

Mr.Bhat

EntMnt Contributor
Rural and small city scinario is very much differant from big cities....data being used to surf fb and whatsapp...also not much downloads..this is the reality...

D_Major

Administrator
EntMnt Staff
Tat is why sell of Jio Phone will be increase and I am quite sure that Ambani will incash this opportunity.

The charge is temporary until trai removes IUC between operators

Mr.Bhat

EntMnt Contributor
Well as far as i have seen 4-5 cities people preffers 2nd 3rd handed smartphones....a samsung A50 handset 6 months old bought for 12k ...same happens in low budget phones too..my relative bought Redmi 5A for 4k which have 3 months warranty....here 2nd hand mobiles r very much popular..a cooly of daily wages have smartphone...also most r having Airtel or BSNL sim... No signals of Jio in villages including me not getting...