EntMnt Xclusive Channels having Dolby Digital Audio on Videocon d2h HD channels

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
With HD DVR, i am not getting any dolby 5.1 sound through Philips home theater in Auto Mode. Manually i have to set the home theater mode to "Multi-channel" mode. Does this means it is not really Dolby 5.1?

As per my understanding voice should come thorugh center speaker and background music or .. other voices should come through other speakers.

Any info about this.

bhaskarkilli

Core Member
With HD DVR, i am not getting any dolby 5.1 sound through Philips home theater in Auto Mode. Manually i have to set the home theater mode to "Multi-channel" mode. Does this means it is not really Dolby 5.1?

As per my understanding voice should come thorugh center speaker and background music or .. other voices should come through other speakers.

Any info about this.
First you tell me how you are connecting your home theater to STB??I think D2H HD DVr having Optical cable(if not Coaxial) have you connected your STB with these options to your hoe theater??Then only you will get dolby sound.

Sanjeev

Core Member

Any info about this.
Yes that is what is happening bro background music will come from the other speakers and main voice will come from the center speaker

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
I connected HD DVR HDMI cable to TV and Coaxial cable to Philips home theater(HTS3541).

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
First you tell me how you are connecting your home theater to STB??I think D2H HD DVr having Optical cable(if not Coaxial) have you connected your STB with these options to your hoe theater??Then only you will get dolby sound.
I connected HD DVR HDMI cable to TV and Coaxial cable to Philips home theater(HTS3541).
By the way i am using HD DVR 500GB with software download ID 23

Last edited:

Technoglitch

Core Member
By the way i am using HD DVR 500GB with software download ID 23
Select DD from the language option to enjoy it. press "i"-.>yellow button->press side arrows -> OK

bhaskarkilli

Core Member
Select DD from the language option to enjoy it. press "i"-.>yellow button->press side arrows -> OK
I think DD sound directly come in Hd DVR.Jus select sound settings in menu..we will get directly DD sound.Correct me someone If I am wrong.

Technoglitch

Core Member
I think DD sound directly come in Hd DVR.Jus select sound settings in menu..we will get directly DD sound.Correct me someone If I am wrong.
i think we can select auto from settings and check if it works out or not.