EntMnt Xclusive Channels having Dolby Digital Audio on Videocon d2h HD channels

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
if we select auto then DD is enabled if the TV and HT detects.
Usually when i play any blue ray videos, i was getting 5.1 with auto option. But for HD DVR , i have to change the mode to Multi-channel mode. So i got like whether it is really 5.1 or not.

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
Select DD from the language option to enjoy it. press "i"-.>yellow button->press side arrows -> OK
Selection is not a problem. Default i selected Home cinema in installation->tv settings. So always by default DD is enabled .

Existing options are fine in HD DVR.

Technoglitch

Core Member
Usually when i play any blue ray videos, i was getting 5.1 with auto option. But for HD DVR , i have to change the mode to Multi-channel mode. So i got like whether it is really 5.1 or not.
If your HT doesnt detect DD from d2h stb via coaxial cable, then select the audio from stb's remote to check. Because i used to do the same way each time to get the DD audio as my Tv doesnt detect DD audio from the stb and i use optical cable directly to connect it to my HT.

Technoglitch

Core Member
Selection is not a problem. Default i selected Home cinema in installation->tv settings. So always by default DD is enabled .

Existing options are fine in HD DVR.
i was telling about the option in stb menu, choose auto from sound settings in the stb menu and check.

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
If your HT doesnt detect DD from d2h stb via coaxial cable, then select the audio from stb's remote to check. Because i used to do the same way each time to get the DD audio as my Tv doesnt detect DD audio from the stb and i use optical cable directly to connect it to my HT.
Okay. Can we use Opticable cable also with HD DVR 500GB box instead of coaxial cable? Any difference in sound?

mMurali

Frequent Flyer
I
i was telling about the option in stb menu, choose auto from sound settings in the stb menu and check.
I tried this now. No difference in behavior. May be my HT should be used in Multi channel mode only.

Technoglitch

Core Member
Okay. Can we use Opticable cable also with HD DVR 500GB box instead of coaxial cable? Any difference in sound?
optical/coaxial cable is same only. yes, you have to choose Mutli mode channel on the HT and while choosing the HT panel would display Dolby digital.

Aviral Sangal

EntMnt Ambassador
Finest Member
With HD box on HD channels where DD sound is selected sound during ads is muted. It might have been asked before.
I am not using a home theatre just using HDMI cable to connect the box to FHD TV. Any workarounds?